Smoky Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Crostinis
With Labor Day weekend and football upon us, summer is officially coming to a close. We have thoroughly enjoyed this season, but we are definitely ready for game days and cooler temps.
Whether you're crowded around the grill or the TV this weekend, today's recipe is sure to be a hit. What's not to love about a southern staple, pimiento cheese, topped with crispy bacon? Our recipe features a total of FOUR cheeses, including creamy mascarpone, as well as smoked gouda, fire-roasted red peppers and smoked paprika for an extra kick.
Smoky Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Crostini
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 8 oz grated aged white cheddar
- 8 oz grated smoked gouda
- 8 oz grated sharp yellow cheddar
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 12 oz roasted red peppers (diced small)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 slices of your favorite bacon, cooked and chopped (we love using Fatback - the flavor is just so darn good!)
- 1 french baguette, sliced
- Let mascarpone cheese sit at room temperature, until softened (about 20 minutes).
- Toast sliced baguette and set aside.
- Drain roasted red peppers and pat dry, reserving 1-2 Tbsp of the liquid. Dice peppers.
- Mix all ingredients together. This recipe results in an extra creamy spread - if you like your pimiento cheese a little more "loose", add in a little of the reserved juice from the peppers.
- Top each baguette slice with pimiento cheese spread, then sprinkle with chopped bacon.
We hope everyone has a safe, fun holiday weekend. May everyone's favorite team win! :)