Italian Pasta Salad
Happy Friday, friends - hoping everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! We sure enjoyed the mid-week holiday, but we are also looking forward to continuing the food and festivities (and maybe even fireworks) with friends and family this weekend.
Topping our list of must-have sides is this Italian Pasta Salad. When it comes to cooking and entertaining, it checks all of our favorite boxes - simple, versatile and full of flavor. The best part? It tastes even better when made a day ahead of serving, to let the flavors meld.
Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 16 oz box of your favorite short pasta (we like using shells)
- 1 12 oz jar of marinated artichokes, liquid reserved
- 6 oz salami, cut into small cubes (can also use pre-sliced salami, and cut into long strips or squares)
- 6 oz sliced provolone cheese, cut into long strips or squares
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup reserved artichoke marinade
- 1 bottle Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil or Italian Parsley, to garnish
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and set aside to cool in large bowl.
- Drain marinated artichokes (reserving liquid), and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- When pasta has cooled, combine with the artichokes, provolone, salami and red onion.
- Pour vinegar, reserved artichoke marinade and dressing over pasta mixture, tossing well to coat.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Taste, then add salt or pepper as needed.
- Chill until ready to serve; top with garnish of choice.
We love this salad alongside grilled chicken, burgers or pepper-crusted pork tenderloin. If you want to add a little extra kick, trade the regular provolone for the smoked variety, and throw in some black olives or pepperoncini. It's sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your weekend cookouts. If you give it a try, tag your pics with #SGPSavors and let us see what you are cooking up!