Anyone else feel like it should already be Friday? If (like us) you are in the middle of a crazy week, but still want to figure out how to get a decent dinner to the table, we've got you covered.
This one-pan chicken dish is definitely more than decent - it's delicious, and super versatile. We've made it twice during the past four days, with different veggies, and it's been a hit both times. Our favorite combination includes red onion, potatoes, mushrooms and fresh green beans. The onion and potatoes get crispy and caramelized, while the bone-in chicken stays juicy and tender. It makes enough for a couple of nights, so you can rest easy knowing that even if your day isn't easy, dinner will be!
- Six bone-in chicken thighs, rinsed and trimmed of any excess skin
- 1 red onion, diced large
- 1 pint mushrooms, quartered
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 5-6 red potatoes, cut into 2" cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in a glass measuring cup, and add a pinch of salt and pepper (we actually used shallot pepper for a little extra flavor!). Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Combine the chicken and vegetables in a large Ziploc bag, and pour the dressing over. Seal the bag, and toss until everything is coated.
- Place the chicken and vegetables on a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or non-stick foil for easy clean up. Sprinkle the chicken with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the skin is crisp and golden, and the juices run clear. We advise checking the chicken around 30 minutes, and covering with foil if the skin is getting too brown.
What are your favorite easy and delicious weeknight meals? Let us know in the comments, or tag your pics with #SGPSavors. Enjoy!